For Jackson : A Tribute To Chris Tucker This Friday 10.17.08 at The North Star
Filed under: Uncategorized
Hey Philly and beyond, come on out to the North Star this Friday night for the Chris Tucker tribute, I’ll be helping my friends at Girl About Town with the silent auction stop by and say hi.
Here’s more info via Girl About Town:
On Friday October 17th, six area bands will gather at the North Star Bar in Philadelphia to honor Christopher Tucker. Chris was our friend who passed away this summer, and he was a talented musician and overall great guy who touched a lot of people in Philadelphia and beyond. The night will serve as a benefit for his young son Jackson.
A $10 minimum donation will be requested at the door, advance tickets are now available via North Star Bar and Ticketweb.
The evening’s lineup will include:
– Fleetwood Mike (acoustic version’s of Fleetwood Mac tunes as performed by Audible members Mike and Kris)
– Joey Sweeney and Friends (Chris’ editor at Philebrity.com where Chris was a contributor)
– The Blood Feathers
– The Sky Drops (featuring Rob Montejo from Smashing Orange, and Monika Bullette from Nero, two of Chris’ closest friends in the Delaware music scene)
– The Sunshine Recorder (featuring members of The Cobbs)
– The Asteroid #4 (stalwarts of the Psychedelphia scene of which Chris was such a fan).
Musicians will perform their own tunes and some of the performers will feature covers of Chris’ work.A special video will also be screened for the first time. Just a week before his passing, Chris recorded his last song and created a video for it as well with local artist Nico. The video was to be completed as a concept in two parts, however only the first part was completed, that first part will be screened and will allow fans of Chris to hear new music from Chris one more time.
Girl About Town is also organizing a silent auction benefit to run the night of the event. If you have anything to donate, please contact us, it’s not too late. Thank you and see you there!