2009 Christmas Song Of The Day 10
Brooklyn band Shark? graciously sent me their garage-tastic cover of the Beat Happening‘s Christmas to share with you all as as a taste of a fantastic holiday compilation / benefit album project they’re involved in. The album’s called Do you EAR what I EAR? and it’s been put together by Ear Farm and Let ‘Em In Studios. It’s available for a $5 donation and all of the proceeds from this project will go directly to the Association to Benefit Children, an outstanding New York-based service dedicated to permanently breaking the cycles of abuse, neglect, sickness and homelessness among disadvantaged children and their families. Check out the amazing array of artists involved and the full tracklisting below.
Do you EAR what I EAR?
1. “Welcome Christmas” performed by Mancino
2. “A Day in the Life of a Christmas Tree” performed by Dinosaur Feathers
3. “Il est né” performed by Tom Tom Club
4. “Christmas Time in Hell” performed by Lonnie Walker
5. “This Christmas Day” performed by Jean on Jean
6. “Little Drummer Girls” performed by Marie Stella
7. “Christmas” performed by Shark?
8. “Christmas Eve Blues” performed by Julie Doiron
9. “First Snow” performed by Nadim Issa
10. “The Slay Bell Suite: Mrs. Claus and Matzo Balls” performed by Frauke
11. “If You Hear a Knock” performed by Sean Bones
12. “Christmas Day (Or, A Hungry Dog Will Fight)” performed by Beau Jennings
13. “Happy Christmas” performed by The Poison Control Center
14. “It Came Upon the Midnight Clear” performed by Goes Cube
15. “Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight)” performed by Asobi Seksu
16. “Blue Christmas” performed by Sharon Van Etten